Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Fear is a BIG issue

sigh... one long day in uni.. and I still have to stay up and finish up my tutorial work for tomoro's classes. urgh.. why do humans have to study? :P ok lar.. I'm not really complaining of having this opportunity to study but I guess I'm just tired. This semester is better than last semester actually, mainly because I have some familiar faces in my classes..... someone who can save me when I hit a dead end and someone to go through the boring lectures with! keke... and of course when I start 'fishing', I could use some nudges on the shoulder or maybe 'paper chat'? haha!

Anyway, to update you guys about myself, I'm currently pretty active in church and caregroups. For those of you who do not know, caregroup is a small church group meeting in weekdays for bible studies and fellowship lar. And the first BIG NEWS is that I just found out from my leader that she's putting me on the musician team and I'm suppose to play the keyboard on a coming meeting!! Oh my, although I learnt piano before but... but... I suck at it and... and I can't play in public! My fear will suck away my talents altogether!! The second BIG NEWS is that she wants me to sing with her on stage at the Survivor Night (an event organized by Campus Christian Movement). Well I do admit I love to sing and I have a not-too-bad voice (hehe!) but I have not conquered my stage freight yet! What if my voice cracked on stage? What if I sing out of tune? What if I forget the lyrics? What if................ Really don't wanna disappoint her since she put much hope in me, and only God can help me now...

hmm... don't wanna make my blog like an advertising place, but if any of you want to know more about the Survivor Night or grab some tickets, feel free to contact me okay! cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger WY said...

haha..singing and playing the piano? hahahhaa. :) just kidding. you can do it la. i remember you're a grade 8 pianist ma. sure can easily excel one. don't be afraid. ;) good luck ya.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hhaha... nah I stopped at grade 7 coz I had enuff of it :P Anyway thanx ler... I will try to do my best

4:21 AM  
Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

Pretend everyone is naked...then you'll be more scared of them than the fact that you think you can't play well...:)

That's an idea.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha... errr... naked??? Not a good sight to imagine :P And imagining that when I'm playing for caregroup??? ......

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home