Saturday, August 28, 2004

Absolutely amazing!

It was absolutely amazing! It was just perfect! The atmosphere was right, the look and feel of it was great, the place was comfortable, the food was absolutely yummy, the presentations were wonderful, the audience were awesome... The event ended 3 hours ago, but I could still feel the excitement in me! I hope the event had an impact on the visitors like how it had impact on me!

I started my day early today, drove around to bring decoration stuff to the event site and bought some last minute things like cellotape, ribbons, etc.... More than 10 people came to help out with decorations and food. From a 4-wall not-so-nice wooden place, it became a survivor-like village environment. Picture this: coconut tree branches on the wall, kerosene torches around, paintings of coconut trees and flowers on the wall, tables with 3 candles on top, synthetic grass carpet, dim lights, slight smokey environment. Everything turned out really well! :) The event started off with a cool survivor dance (not sure how else to describe it :p) by some CCM members, mainly africans. Andrew took part in the dance as well!! hahah.. it's just so funny seeing him, a skinny white chicken among the muscular african guys! haha.. After that we had our dinner. Oh man I tell ya, you can never get better dinner elsewhere in Brisbane for just 15aud. I'll list out the types of food that were served: prawns, oysters, mussels, sushi, coconut rice, beef rendang, crab stick salad, noodles, strawberries, cakes, sandwiches and etc. All this in buffet style! All you can eat! The food was totally impressive. Too bad I couldn't eat that much. That's why I never go for buffet often :p waste money

Later on we had some people singing and playing guitar, flute and piano. Very smooth indeed. Remember my previous post about my leader wanting me to sing with her?? I got away from that! haha... So she sang 'Born to Try - Delta Goodrem' by herself because I don't wanna steal her limelight. hahahah! After that, we had games! The most interesting game was that 3 guys were provided with cosmetics! Take a guess what they had to do. They were to make themselves up and the best will win! Our team didn't win but we sure did have a good laugh, seeing how the guys fiddle with the cosmetics wondering what on earth it was hahaa... One of the guys was really good at it, he made sure he gives us a wink once he did his eye shadows hahah!! when I get the pics from my friend later on, I might post them online heh...

After that, we had some people doing the bamboo dance and a leader came up and did the islander dance. (sort of like hawaiian dance where you shake your butt :p) We all had fun... we followed through the islander dance as well haha. Absolutely wonderful Survivor Night. We were just disappointed that it ended so early :p Can't wait for next year's event! Go CCM!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year's event?? Hope it mean that you'll be working there.... let not be the other case ar...

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paiseh... forgot to sign my last comment.

Sincerely,

Winston

5:40 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hmm.. I'm really not sure yet... I'll be really lucky if i can get a job here... if not, working in S'pore is a good choice oso heh... I'll see about that ;)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home