Friday, June 10, 2005

Love

Some are so eager to find it. Some are desperate enough to grab anyone available around the corner. Why is it so? It had been creeping in our hearts secretly everynight. At least it is for me tonight....

How do you know what you really want from a relationship? From my past, I am still finding out what i want. Someone who makes me happy? Someone who is responsible? Someone who I can rely on? So what if he fits all 3 criterias and missed any other ones? And when you find him, will you tolerate with how the person is? Or would you want him to change into the way you want him to be? And when you make a 50 criteria list, how much chances do you think anyone would hit such a mark? No matter how 'perfect' the person is, somehow we would still find fault.... till sometimes we want out.

Many couples started off just within days of knowing each other.... and end up happy together through the years.... and people wonder how they do it. Some started off after years of knowing each other.

Which one is more likely of a happy ending?

Most people agree to relationships that started off from friends... but I don't quite believe the difference. Normally people treat their gf/bf different than normal friends..... well, at least I do... like pay extra attention and become more sensitive. So what good is it for him if I were to become a different person after we are a couple? Or maybe all he wants is the way I was when we were just friends.

We are to learn from our experiences.... but somehow sometimes it catches me in confusion.... not knowing where to go, what to do...

9 Comments:

Blogger NoMandLand said...

Wow you feeling love in you :)
Good lucks

12:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha... just a sudden thought

cheers

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jared's said...

Wow... the profound side of Sunnie! Havent seen that before... Must be pretty fascinating, eh?!
Love - A blend of Excitement, Mystery, Fascination, Commitment, Trust & lotzzz of GOD in it!!! ;)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

Actually...the best kind of relationships are the ones that start off from friendship. It's the fact you know who he or she is and he or she knows who you are, you habits, yourself.

In the end the best relationships are the ones where both of you compliment each other completely...hard to find, but possible nevertheless. Something you can't discover for yourself until you've been friends with the person for a while.

In the end...it's that which you love in it's entirety. The whole package. The good and the bad. A good relationship is also based on a good friendship, don't you listen, cherish and stand up for your friends as well? I try not to alienate my friends whenever I'm in a relationship.

The only difference is that in a relationship, I'd go that mile till death do we part kinda mile.

But the care is all the same...how far I'd go...is a different story.

2:57 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Jared: Sometimes its too fascinating for me to digest!!

Kamigoroshi: yes, its so difficult to find someone whom both our characters compliment each other completely. But even the best couples break up sometimes... that sux

1:56 PM  
Blogger Yian said...

I started writing a comment for you, but it turned out to be so long I decided to blog it on my site... go visit and see if it is up yet, k? *hugs*

12:07 PM  
Blogger Yian said...

decide to post comment instead..

i think a relationship is all about learning, huh...ah, life is all about learning...

i am still learning in this relationship. don't know where it will take me, don't know where i will end up, but i guess, i shall just enjoy/endure whatever God has put in my path...

my past not-really-considered-a-relationship left me hurt n broken n torn, but that has actually shaped my character, and helped mature me (i think :P)...

don't look back at the mistakes you have made, look forward towards the guy that God has made for you...

ppl told me never to settle for someone that u think is 'ok-lah...', because once trouble starts, that 'ok-lah' becomes 'u were never what i wanted anyway'...

i think that we should not change our partner to be what we want them to be, but to be a better person in general...eg. more punctual (if he is always late, like our friend in UK), more sensitive towards ppl's feelings(like another friend :P) and etc.

however, i am not preaching all this, because i don't feel like i know it all anyway. i am still constantly learning, still have that occasional drain in life where i fall in, that occasional storm in my relationship where the boat is rocking....

sigh..dunno what i am talking about also...

1:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hahaha Yian, you're funny.

I donno lar.. I think its how differently people think. What people consider as 'ok-la' and 'ooh-la-la'. But with either one, sooner or later you would have the argument. And its the 'too-bad-lah' qualities you'll have to deal with. What if he can't or is unwilling to change?

for example, stop being lazy ;)

Its very unlikely one can change that overnight. It takes time... and are you willing to be tolerant and wait for him to change? Even if it takes years?

I think it comes back to how much you love that person... and patience.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Yian said...

actually I always think about this question, "When should a couple break up?"

1) Not happy together?
2) Don't love each other?
3) Always fight?

Should you only break up when there is no other option? When should you stop trying your best to be together?

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home