Monday, June 27, 2005

ICT fair

Bah... since I've told you about my 1st interview... might as well just tell you about my 2nd and 3rd interview. haha yeah... I had 2 more yesterday.

I went to the ICT fair in PICC(Putrajaya Convention Centre) with Lanzai and Yoke Yeng. Lanzai actually stayed overnight at my place on saturday night so that we could go there early the next morning. We got to that place around 9am. I thought we were early but to my amazement, the place was packed! We registered, got employer list and went to shortlisted the ones that we wanted to go.... which was 50 companies out of 73. :P Yeah... we were greedy. But you wouldn't wanna miss out on any good opportunities ,right~!

There were companies like Shell, ASTRO, Maxis, IBM... even APIIT! :P I dropped in my resume at most stalls and got myself 2 interviews in the interview hall. The 1st one was EA Consulting which had a graduate trainee position in ABAP Programming and SAP Consulting. Wow, she asked me so many questions.... my strength, weaknesses, success, failures, family background, and some other behavioral questions. I liked the position, but they were actually looking for people with 2nd class upper hon. degree. So I'm not putting my hopes high for that..... The 2nd one was a technical support position in Emerio. It went so so... nothing interesting... lots of Indians... and I left still hoping to get the call from DKSH.

After that I got myself another appointment for an interview on Tuesday in Manpower. I'm not sure whether its an interview or not... since the company is a recruiting company. Maybe its just to assess my skills and knowledge so that they can help me find a more suitable job? sigh... whatever it is... I just hope I won't make a fool out of myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger NoMandLand said...

good luck :)

3:05 AM  
Blogger Yian said...

Hey, glad you got more interviews :) Looks like things are beginning to pick up...

But like Dory says in "Finding Nemo", Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....or in your case, just keep searching, just keep searching...

Don't lose hope. Aim to get better after every interview (NOT trying to say you'll have 50 interviews before you get a job), and not to put yourself more and more down after each one.

Things I did before interview :

1. Ask yourself whether you desire the job.
2. If you really want it, ask God for it. If you don't know, ask God for His will to be done.
3. Keep praying, even when you're on the way to the interview.
4. Dress appropriately, bring documents, pen. Be early.
5. Be prepared. I have a book to Q&A for interviews, if you want to borrow it...
6. Tell people like me and Andrew so we can pray for you :)
7. Please don't imagine the interviewer in his underwear (like what Andrew always says..I don't agree with it ;P)

*hugs* ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jared's said...

Manpower = Recruitment firm. Not really an Interview with a Client.
They will be assessing u & ur compatibility with any openings they have. Don't need to be nervous for this one, just be urself & ask Lots of Questions if need to. ;)
Haf Fun! :P

8:20 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks guys for all your encouragement. I will always remember your advises ;)

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home