Sunday, September 04, 2005

Updates!

It all had been pretty silent in here for a while. No reason why... just didn't have the time, and probably didn't have much to say..... arh! alright alright.. I've just been plain lazy to update. So here goes, some brief updates on what's happening in my life :D

My work has been great. I'm adapting to the job very well and I'm learning more things as I go. And of course, learning more things meant that I would have more tasks at hand. So yeah, I've been getting busier. Of course, I am grateful for that! Feels good having some achievements and new knowledge coming in most of the time. ;)

I've done my 1st Network Security Policy presentation to the manager last week!! Wow, my 1st feel of an actual presentation to the manager. The manager, he's such a busy man. We started our meeting at 4pm and he told us he had another meeting at 4.30pm, when our meeting is actually scheduled for 1.5 hours. So the nervous me thought "Well yeah! We can definitely rush through the 22-page presentation in 30 minutes." So I stood in front, going smoothly through the slides, then when we reached the main part of the presentation, Woosh, comes questions after questions, pin-pointing at every point of every slide! He wanted us to change this, change that, remove this, explain that. Phew! Thank God my leader was there to answer most of the questions. From a 30-minutes presentation, it turned into a 2-hour one. And I was standing in front the whole time! Something huh! :P After the presentation, the manager said, "well, not bad for a 1st batch presentation!" And my heart flew! lalalalaalalaa!! My team leader said, "He didn't reject all our points like what he did in some other presentations, which means its not bad" And I thought "hehe... consolation prize." :P

I've had my 1st outing with colleagues on merdeka eve. It was fun since they are mostly my age, mostly trainees like me. We went to TGIF for dinner and a movie after that. Something worth mentioning was, halfway through the movie, the film got burnt! We could see that the picture suddenly went distorted, leaving some leftover burnt film by the side and white screen in the middle. Seeing that the movie wasn't that good, we silently hoped that they would give us a refund for another movie at another time ;) But the pictures came up again in 15 minutes and they only gave us free mineral water.....................

I went to clean up our Palm Court apartment with my mom today. Knowing that cockroaches roam that place freely, we brought a new can of aerosol spray with us. We fixed up the beds, swept the floor, cleaned the cupboard... and at the end of the day, we used up the whole can of spray and killed more than 50 cockroaches, mostly out from the cupboard! Its amazing how cockroaches know how to hide in a cupboard. And you would find it funny seeing us on a frantic flee whenever a cockroach or cockroaches came out from holes that we spray aerosol into! hahah! eee! Goose bumps! Anyway, we're not done with that place yet. We would go back again tomoro and bring another can of aerosol.... well, you've got to get them all out!

Currently I'm thinking of ways to decorate my work place. Despite the professional environment and the a-little-dull decorations that most of my colleagues have, I'm tempted to bring all my cute things to decorate my table! Teddy bears, colourful mug, cute handphone holder, pucca clock, cute cow clip holder.... Urgh!! Resist... resist... better not overdo it in case people think I'm too childish! :(

Alright, that's my very brief update!! hehe... better get to bed now. Night!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

News from St. Bernard
A friend of mine sent me this account of her boyfriend's experience in St. Bernard Parish.


"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."

Woodrow Wilson
28th US President
Books Quotes

Please visit my site/blog at Web Marketing INformation too.

3:29 AM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

you got spammed!!!

and it seems that you're getting along fine with your job...

Have fun... and do keep us posted on any other updates...

4:25 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

huh?? I'm really confused with anonymous? Is that really a spam? Has spam come to blogs already?! oh no...

:) I'll try to update whenever I can lor... don't wanna lose my frequent readers! kakaka

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home