Monday, September 27, 2004

Heart of a servant

I am back to blog again! :) I've been away last 3 days for a trip to Bribie Island with the bunch of leaders from Daniel subdistrict of my church. Its such a privilege since I get to learn so much from the leaders that are so willing to serve the Lord. It wasn't packed with teachings, but its more of a relaxing trip with lots of free time to chit chat, play by the beach, meaningful discussions and lots of good food! (thanx to our great cook Gloria) Just staying with them for 3 days made me realize that I have so much to learn from them.... particularly their hearts in serving.

How many of us are willing to wake up early just to be in church at 7am? How many of us are willing to take time to prepare for teachings and discussions every week? How many of us are willing to organize caregroups every week so that we can all have a great time together? How many of us are willing to take time out for these things despite our busy life in uni or work? How many of us would give these sacrifices without silently complaining?

I see a passion for Christ in them. I see the love of Christ in them. I see their love for God's people in their hearts. And I really admire them.

On the 2nd night, we had a special activity lead by Beng, our subdistrict leader. He set an example to all of us that we are all here to serve and that we should have a heart like Jesus. Our unit leaders are suppose to wash our feet! Just like how Jesus washed His disciples' feet (John 13). One by one he washed our feet. We were reluctant to let him at first, but we know it had to be done. Tears started to roll down our cheeks. It reminded us of how Jesus is so willing to cleanse His people that He would wash their feet, the dirtiest part of their body. Imagine God coming down and wash your feet! And you ask, how could such highly person wash my feet? But unless it is done, we cannot be clean. And that was His task. The sacrifice that He had done for us, because He love us.

Once in a while I would silently complain when I do things for people. Once in a while I might find excuses to run away from tasks. I'm so afraid that people might take advantage of me, so much until I miss opportunities to help people sometimes. I don't want to be such a person anymore. I will continue to learn from Jesus and my leaders to be a good servant. A servant who is so willing to serve God's people. A servant who loves to do her tasks. A servant who doesn't complain.

A teary night with a great lesson learnt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home