Monday, September 20, 2004

Stay in touch

The weather is getting really weird around here. Its raining when the sun is still shining brightly. A nice day to stay at home, relax and enjoy the breeze. I had a slow start on my day today. Mainly because I don't have classes today, no meetings to go to, no one to meet up with... All my housemates have gone out for their own stuff... and I'm here all alone, lost in my own pool of thoughts.

The memory of my phone call last night to a friend in KL kept playing in my mind. He is leaving to UK for his studies tonight. He is a good friend and we do exchange phone calls sometimes just to chat and gossip. Last night we chatted about his preparation to UK, his farewell parties with his friends, things he would do once he reach UK.... Suddenly I wonder what would happen to us? Will we lose contact due to the time difference? Would we be too busy to even try to keep in touch? It has happened before, would it happen again?

I have close friends far away from me. Although we may continue to keep in touch with each other, constantly email or make phone calls back in the 1st few months, but I cannot deny the communication between us tends to cease as time goes by. Its not that I don't care anymore, but sometimes its the way life is. We may have new friends, new interests, new things to occupy our time. But this friendship is always kept in my heart. And hopefully when we meet again soon, we'll relive our happy times again.

Now I just want to wish my friend, Jason all the best in his overseas study experience. Not to play around too much and to get good results enough to make his parents proud. And not forgetting... stay in touch.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home