Monday, July 04, 2005

Blogging

After 4 interviews and 1 unofficial 'interview' in the past week, I've done many self evaluations of my own presentation... noting down their questions and how I could have answered better...

One of their question was 'What do I do to deal with pressure and stress?' Not suprisingly, the word 'blogging' came to my mind. Of course I didn't tell them that, I wouldn't want to have to give them my address and rush home to erase everything here! :P But its true... my blog spot had somehow became my way of opening myself, to let go of my pressures, or to better explain it.... 'fatt sitt ji gei' (in cantonese, how to explain this word in english?)

People had their own ways with blogs, political affairs, news, sex, you name it. For me, I have a simple life and I blog about what I feel in my simple life. Many times when I feel lonely, sad, angry... when I feel that no one understands, I blog... and hope to find someone to understand me. Maybe some people wouldn't like my blog, think that I'm boring, lame or whatever. But that's me on the inside. If you don't like my blog, means you wouldn't like me. Make sense?

One of my friend think that I shouldn't blog so much about my personal life. He felt that it made people more aware of my weaknesses... the negative side of me. Maybe that's true. Maybe it would make people think negative thoughts of me too, would it?

I was normally quiet during open discussions. I like to sit around and listen to what people have to say... also mainly because I don't have anything to say. I remembered one time, a friend came to me and said something like, I should be more confident of myself. Everyone is unique at their own thinking. If I was asked to speak at any topic, she was sure I would have something useful to say......

We weren't close friends or anything and we don't know each other that well. But she sure did say something that made me feel..... useful. And that the things I say, meant something.

Well, its true isn't it? Everyone has their own way of thinking. Who's to say when they're right or wrong?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

Well, in any case...blogging is about who I am. Everything that I am. Weakness or strength. I choose to put it out there for the world to see.

It's good that you choose to blog for who you are because after all...that's what blogging is all about.

One thing about it all in the end. Friends...good friends, stand by the people they care for in spite of who they are and inspite of what they do. Without judgement, without prejudice. With patience, acceptance.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Yian said...

I agree. What's the point of blogging? I think it is a place for me to vent my feelings and thoughts, a way for me to say what I need to say, and hopefully, for my friends to comment on (they normally don't :( )

Blogging, for me, is not about writing something that can attract ppl.

I think I can guess who commented on making your weaknesses "obvious" through your blog. I don't think so. And I don't think you should hide anything :)

Btw, u, quiet during discussions????????? U sure?

4:58 PM  
Blogger NoMandLand said...

hope u get the job you want :)

http://austour04-05.blogspot.com

9:19 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Kamigoroshi: True friends are hard to find. Especially when 2 person have so many differences. And especially hard when patience and acceptance is needed when the two think differently....

Yian: haha!! Soli.. I am also one of your invisible readers hehe. Anyway thanx, I hate the feeling of hiding something. It'll only make me feel isolated myself. Btw, I AM quiet during discussion! :P

True Virgo: :) thanx

1:03 AM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Blogging could also be used to sharpen your language skills. while you write, you are actually practicing your english, and while you read other blogs, you can also see other ppl's style of writing.

It's beneficial!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha... true.... if you don't learn from people who blog manglish and if you practice proper writing style. But yeah.. its a good practice :)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home