Monday, September 12, 2005

Flat tyre

What a good start of a day. I woke up early today (5.30am) to send my mom to work because she needs to get her car fixed. The only-3-year-old Waja is giving us problems again. Previously it was the glove compartment, then some loose fix at the back seat, now her car window wouldn't close! Pretty dangerous as the car is practically opened 24 hours for any thieves.

So in the morning we drove to the EON service centre and put her car to be fixed. Then I dropped her at her school. Once mom was out of the car, suddenly she shot me a shocked look, eyeing my car front and back... Oh o.... My car tyre is flat! Oh no! My mom asked me to drive to the nearest petrol station to pump air into it. But I just got more panicked cause I'll be alone! How now? What am I suppose to do? Will I have to change tyres? Will my car break down on the way to the petrol station? How do I pump air? sei lor!!

I went to Shell station, tried to pump air myself, got my hands all dirty, and still failed. I asked for someone to help me but the shell girl only directed me to the next BP station. sigh... And so I went and lucky enough, I got someone there to help me. PHhhheewwww... Thank God!

Well, its at times like this that I regret skipping that 5 hour class when obtaining my licence. :P

8 Comments:

Blogger rijac said...

was it punctured or just no air?

here is a tip. go to stamford tyres (not sure if all of them have it) and ask for a nitrogen top up (might cost you a few ringgit)... but once you do that you almost never have to top up the air in your tyres again... just do it when you rotate your tyres... you do know you have to rotate and balance them every 10 thousand kms right?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Huh? omg... I have no idea? Rotate and balance the tyres? Is that wheel alignment?

1:48 AM  
Blogger rijac said...

wheel alignment is different. that one once a year can liao..

in front wheel drive cars, the front wheels tend to wear out quicker then the rear... so every 10000 km or so, you should rotate them (ie move the back to the front and vice versa) this will prolong their life.. wheel balancing needs to be done because when ur wheels are unbalanced, u will get uneeven tyre wear, also resulting in shorter lifespan..

2:02 AM  
Blogger rijac said...

wheel alignment is different. that one once a year can liao..

in front wheel drive cars, the front wheels tend to wear out quicker then the rear... so every 10000 km or so, you should rotate them (ie move the back to the front and vice versa) this will prolong their life.. wheel balancing needs to be done because when ur wheels are unbalanced, u will get uneeven tyre wear, also resulting in shorter lifespan..

2:04 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

wow, I've never heard of that one before. I guess I've learnt something new here today. Thanks! :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger rijac said...

oops.. i accidently double posted... sorry bout that.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, cool. Didn't know there's such thing as tyres balancing. Amanda, ought to try that out. Swap tyres. ;) And get your hands all dirty and oily (again!). Shell so bad wan. Next time don;t go pump petrol there. Lousy service!! >_<

4:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

rijac: hahaaa... Its ok, just as long as you don't flood me!

Eva: heheh... you wanna join me to get your hands dirty and oily as well? hahah

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home