Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Patching tyre experience :)

After much pestering from my dear friend Eva, I finally took my car to the service centre to check on my tyres. :P Its not that I'm not worried about my car, but i just didn't know where to go, what should I do, and how much I had to pay to fix the tyre. I didn't want to end up somewhere getting cheated and have to buy new tyres and all...

The service guy took a quick check on the tyre and walah! He found a nail stuck into the tyre... Oh, my new tyre :( Well, I guess he's quite expert in it, took a small rubber thingy and stuck it into the hole, patched it up, pumped air, washed the tyre, screw it back onto the car, and walah! its fixed. He's quite a nice guy too... Helped me check the air on all my other tyres and only charged me RM4. hehe... Then when I was leaving he helped stop cars from oncoming traffic so that I could reverse out. hmm :) Thumbs up for their good service!

However I'm still quite unsure of it all... Is my tyre really secure now? With one rubber thingy? What if the hole gets bigger? What if I hit another pothole? Don't wanna get myself stranded somewhere with a punctured tyre! Urgh... *shaking off the thought*

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo, *slaps forehead* you made it sound like I'm an auntie - pestering! o.O

It's okay to patch your tyres, dear. And the whole hole won't get bigger so fast unless you go and hit more potholes again...

Yeah, the service at the shop is good. Hehe. Lucky not the cheat-buggers. ;)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

ahahahah.. aunty!
There are potholes almost everywhere. Heaps in Seputeh... and most of the time I could only avoid potholes that I know it is there... otherwise sometimes I can't see and I just go straight into it! :P

4:57 PM  
Blogger rijac said...

good you got it fixed. safety first!

7:15 AM  
Blogger NoMandLand said...

tyre problems.. hehe.. yeah.. weirdly I dont understand cars but I love a cars :D

7:22 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha... yeah! Just bring it to the service centre! Before that, pray hard that it won't break down!

7:23 PM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

It's perfectly fine... The little thing would stay there and the hole won't get bigger. The only thing to look out for now is that that particular tyre might deflate faster than the other 3. This means that you have to check the tyre pressure every now and then.

For tyre tips, do go to michelin.com during your free time... they give excellent advice.

keeping your tyres safe and healthy is of utmost importance.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

urgh... how did the nail get in there in the first place? Just 2 months of owning the car!

Well, I guess I can thank God for giving me the extra experience and knowledge I got from it. And yeah, thanks for your tip :)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home