Monday, September 19, 2005

Read!

"Sun! What should I do now?!"

That's my mom calling from the study room, waiting on me to guide her through searching the Internet for some information.

She is pretty much computer illiterate. She knows it herself. Though she is slowly improving, it still really frustrates me whenever she calls me to do a simple thing, read through the instructions and click on some things, eg. surfing the net. I mean, how hard is it, to read through a page and click on the thing that you want? And when I have no idea about the page, she expects me to tell her what to do? *dumbfounded* How come I didn't get spoonfeeds when I started learning how to use computers?

Well, at least my mom is better than a lot of people out there, I might say. She learnt how to go online, how to check emails, how to use internet banking. I am pretty proud of her. Its just that when it comes to new things.... she just doesn't like to read.

And I could understand how frustrating it is when people just don't read through the instructions and complaint that it doesn't work.

2 Comments:

Blogger rijac said...

Hmmm... don't take this the wrong way, but have you read the manual of your new (almost) new car?

ok just kidding. i agree with you. people are too lazy to read instructions and most of the time the answer to their questions are in there!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hahah! Ops, You got me there! Let me check the manual about my tyres later... :P

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home