Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I got offered!!!

'haaaaahahahhahaahahahaaaahahahahah!!! omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!' That was my reaction (after I put down the phone) when I first got the news! hahaha! Too bad no one was around to share my happiness.... only my baby(cat).... hehehe! I bet she was wondering why I was jumping and screaming about! :P I seriously thought I didn't do that well in the interview! I had actually told myself not to think about it anymore, and that it would never come..... but IT DID!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! I got an offer from DKSH! Can you believe it Yian?? hahaha!!

phew.... I got that call when I was on my way out to attend my test in Kelana Jaya.... causing me to be half an hour late :P Of course I didn't arrive late, just that I had planned to arrive earlier. :D Anyway, today's test was actually an offer for me by PSMB(Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad, some government thingy) to take a free Aptech Certified Computer Professional(ACCP) programme at Imperia Institute of Technology(that's where I had my test).

1st, let me tell you a little bit about the programme. Its actually to help unemployed graduates and to train us to be a software programmer mainly in the area of .NET and J2EE, which is much needed in the market. Candidates would attend classes for 5-6 months in Imperia Institute of Technology and to submit a project at the end. The course covers topics such as web designing, client server programming, advanced programming, specialization in .NET and J2EE, system administration, and software engineering. Then, PSMB will place candidates in IT companies for practical training for 3 months. The course actually costs RM13,000! Its not only given free to candidates, they would also be paid a monthly allowance of RM500 during that 8 months!

Anyway I took the 2-hour test asking logical questions, maths, Java and technical questions. It is pretty tough.... considering I haven't answered those kind of math and logical questions since high school, and hadn't touched Java since 2nd year Uni. :P Well, if I passed the test, they will set me up for an interview with the PSMB people.

Its a really good opportunity for me to brush up my programming skills, isn't it? Free, and being paid. Its very good indeed!

But.....

I'm really not sure about going back to study.... in programming? hmmm.... the girl told me imported Indian lecturers would teach the class. But the study environment there is not something I would prefer. And the place is also very far from my house. Furthermore, only RM500 compared to ~RM2000 salary per month? (haha! I am indeed money minded!)

On my way home, I received a call from HSBC asking me to take a test online.... saying that there's a job opening that they thought i might be interested. Banks... where my mom would love me to work at.

Urgh.... how can I decide whether to accept or turn down offers? I wish they could all come together so that I could pick and choose easily. Too many jobs get me confused :( I need a job consultant now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jared's said...

Wowww... firstly Congratulations on ur Job Offer!... secondly, how fast can the wind blow - from the north, then from the south, someone hoping for a job to someone being confused on which job to choose. ;P
My advice: Choose one that u wud enjoy doing & how it may create a good career path for u! ;)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

haha! Just wanna give everything a thorough think through maaa... Don't want to miss out on any better opportunities 'blinded' by my excitement! :D But I think everyone knows what I'll choose in the end. right?

2:04 PM  
Blogger NoMandLand said...

congrates

I will have to start looking for jobs soon :(

10:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hahaah... you'll be just fine ;) All the best!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home