Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My taste of working life

Well, its already my 3rd day of working in DKSH network team with 2 seniors. Here's a summary of what happened these 3 days....

Day 1 :

Network team leader briefed me a little about the company structure, network structure, and all software and security mechanism used. He also took me into the server room (cold room) to show me the servers, switches, firewalls and routers. They have intensive security system -- they scan his eyes before we could go in! Cool.... Even Yian never been in there! muahahaha... My senior, Ricky have also introduced me to the entire office..... I couldn't remember anyone's name except Yian :| After that my senior got me to help him patch a telephone line in the cold room. So there, we went in again. And I went for lunch with Ricky and his gang.

What happened after that was hectic! Not for me, but for Ricky. He configured something wrongly on the firewall and it blocked all connections from the internet! Gosh... he did everything he could to troubleshoot the firewall. Me, being the new, good trainee, sat down quietly on my own and did my own things. Luckily they found the problem shortly after. But he would still had to answer to the boss. As for me, on my 1st day, no laptop, no books, no stationary, nothing. So I spent most of my time reading company magazine over and over again.

2nd day :

I got my laptop today!! yahoooo! No more boring days! :P Then Ricky taught me how to bind my notebook to an ip, and to add my ip to the proxy. And I also helped patch the telephone for my trainee colleague. Still nothing much to do since they won't let a trainee play around with the configurations. Instead my team leader gave me a documentation assignment to do about network operations procedure. Boring task... just thinking of how to write, type, think, type, a bit of research, type.... zzzz.......

Today :

I was nearly late for work coz I missed the Komuter and the LRT feeder bus was late. Luckily nobody said anything :P Didn't do much at work except for the documentation assignment.

Now that I've started working.... it feels that I don't spend so much time at home anymore. When I get home, I'm already tired and don't feel like doing anything. sigh... I missed those times when I goyang kaki at home all day hehe.... But of course I can't be doing that anymore..... If not mom will 'ngum' again! arh!

2 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Welcome to the working world... You'll get used to being a vegetable at home from now on... and the good news is, this will happen as long as your working life... so in retrospec, you have around 30 years to go...

Try coming home feeling like a vegetable and your kids are demanding your attention... hhhmmm...

Looking forward to married life anytime soon?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hahah... I'm still not anywhere near that point yet. I guess i should enjoy it now when I'm still a trainee and have less pressure, and I don't have to rush home to cook for my family!! think about that... yaiks!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home