Thursday, September 29, 2005

I love my job! And my car!

heheh! Thankyou all for staying tune even to my rantings while offering advice and support... I'm seriously very touched ;) Now I'm going to tell you how overjoyed I can be with my job! hahah.. I can be very contradicting sometimes. Well, ok, let me tell you how my day went yesterday.

Basically yesterday morning I was all nervous. I let one of my friend bring my car for service since I know I wouldn't have time. He's the aggressive driver type and owning a nearly-brand-new car makes me worry even more. Whole day I was waiting for his call, praying that he wouldn't crash my car! And whenever he called, I prayed that its not bad news! :P

Well, to top up my nervousness, my team leader let me make some changes to the firewall configuration (I have been monitoring the network traffic last week for this). And to make that change, I'd have to coordinate with seniors in other teams to schedule a test with branches in other countries. Now, why am I nervous? The idea of coordinating with seniors I don't even know is already enough to send me to my peak nervous state! And what if the new configuration doesn't work? What if problems arises? What if I got bombarded? What if I screw the whole firewall up? arghh!!

Though Eva tried to calm me down... but I couldn't stop worrying! And my leader seem to just dump me on the job and didn't offer to sit with me for the testing period. :( 'OK! I can do it!', I told myself, trying effortlessly to calm myself down, 'Its my time to show them my chilipadi girl power now!'... hehehe...

And yeah... I went through the testing period... with my heartbeat at its peak, I was sure I was on high blood pressure. You could imagine me, sticking to my seat, staring at my laptop, waiting for the countries to do their testings.. or awaiting for the possible 'complains' that might come in. But there wasn't any problems, except some application problem. :D

OMG! I lived through it! You can't imagine how happy I was~!! I sent an email at the end and thanked everyone for their cooperation, and it was OVER!! hahah! Few minutes later, I got an email from a senior, thanking me for my effort! hahah! I bet you could see my heart flew through the ceiling! arrhh~~~ such a relief... I've done it! Thankyou God for seeing me through! *smooches*

And my car came home safely too. Although that friend scared me to the max when he lied and said he scratched the back of my car. It was such a relief to find my car in perfect shape when I got down and checked my car. Phew.... It was dinner time after that, but too bad he already scared the appetite out of me. We went for a movie and went home after that, driving my cute 'siao bai', all smoother to drive. That friend, who had a mechanic father, helped me top up my tyres with nitrogen, loosen my gear box and did wheel balancing and alignment. Didn't charge me a thing for that too. Thankyou thankyou! Dinner on me next time! :)

Phew! What a day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, glad you've found some joy in your job (despite the daily, mundane monitoring job!!)... I guess this is call 'a sense of accomplishment' -- which brings some relief and joy. Shows you're capable and worth mar. Human's nature.

On your car, now you know where to get good mechanic for your 'sioa bai' car lor. Haha. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

did you get a complimentary car wash???

2:14 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Eva: hahaha... :D yeaah.. Good service.. But let the fella scare me till no more energy liao. Will there be next time? hmm.... Let me think 1st....

JC: haha! Aiks... forgot to ask for that.

4:49 PM  
Blogger rijac said...

lifes like dat.. ups and downs...

6:36 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

rijac: yeah.. its like the waves of life. Never stops...

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home