Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Retirement Mom

Being a proud daughter of a teacher who taught Form 6 Add Maths for many years, I took a liking in the subject and excelled in my Add Maths.

Being the head of Science and Maths department in a school, she earned much respect, but also gave her much burden and work that sometimes were too much to handle.

She had been teaching every since she started into the working life. Though its not the career she exactly wanted, yet she still stuck with it till the end. 30 years of teaching, facing pressure from naughty and stubborn students, I really respect her for having that kind of patience. Well, being the very good kid myself, I didn't give her too much trouble... there're just sometimes that I don't clean, don't listen, don't care..... haha! :P Alright fine, she has great patience for me too.

She is retiring soon... end of the year to be exact. Her students and fellow colleagues came together and made a little celebration for her. I wasn't there for the celebration, but according to her, they practiced some dance for her, shows, speeches, and gave her loads of presents. Many of which she don't even know where to put, or when to use them. Some of them are quite funny. Cute cow cup enough to hold one shot of espresso, a musical box which is not exactly a box, a green jade bracelet, a kiddy photo frame... We certainly had a good laugh from some of these things!

Some were really nice... some were quite expensive too. I was amaze at how the people were willing to spend for the gifts and to put in so much effort for the celebration. (A student contacted me secretly to ask for her young-time photos) I guess my mom did leave a very good legacy behind.

And I think I'll strive for that too. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger rijac said...

my mum is retiring after 23 years of teaching at the same kindergarten... in about a week.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

:) that's sweet.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home